Cat’s Alive is a registered charitable organization, whose purpose is the welfare of cats on Gabriola Island.
24 years ago a group of women on Gabriola decided to end the exploding feral cat population on the island.
Now that there is no longer a feral cat population, our prime objective is to provide services that are of direct benefit to cats:
- spaying and neutering all cats that come into our care
- financially assisting low income owners to spay and neuter their cats
- providing medical care as needed
- matching homeless cats with caring humans
- fostering strays until suitable homes can be found
- feeding neglected cats.