The purpose of the Gabriola Island Land Stewards Society (GILSS) is to benefit Gabriolans and Snuneymuxw First Nation members and relieve poverty by acquiring and stewarding land on Gabriola Island under a community ownership model that promotes long-term community benefits, affordability and sustainability, and enables democratic local planning.
Activities undertaken to achieve this purpose will include:
• Acquiring and leasing land
• Providing and preserving access to affordable and supportive housing
• Providing access to farm land
• Supporting small-scale community economic development projects
• Oversight of activities on land owned by GILSS
For more information: https://gabriolaislandlss.ca/